“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Welcome to part 4 of the Golden Vessel Business Challenge for January! (See links at the end of this post for Intro and Parts 1-3).
Each of our businesses is like a GOLDEN VESSEL that needs to remain sea-worthy. Our challenge this week is to identify and plug the ENERGY drains in our business.
If you had to pay a comprehensive “energy bill” for your business this month, how expensive would it be? Are your processes, procedures, goals, and priorities energy-efficient, or are you constantly paying for rising “energy costs”??
Take the time TODAY to check for leaks! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Notice when you are tired: are you happily tired from being used well, or all worn out from being used?
- Notice what you are avoiding: avoidance is like cold air always coming in poorly-sealed windows. The energy cost goes sky-high unless you pay attention to the issue.
- Find your limiting beliefs: Are you letting doubts and negative self-talk create leaks in your confidence and focus?
What did you find? Chances are we all have energy-drain areas we can improve on.
- Know and honor your interests: Find ways to do more of the work you love and less of the work you don’t.
- Prioritize your own health: Without our health, our business will suffer. Make the tasks of a healthy lifestyle a non-negotiable part of your DAILY To Do list.
- Invest in an energy infusion: Re-energize yourself and your business with a women entrepreneur’s business retreat — like this one in San Diego Feb 16-18: Big Fish Nation Starfish Business Retreat !
What would it take to upgrade your business’ “energy rating”? Let us know in a comment below so we can learn from each other!
Energy Conservation Toolkit:
- Sign up for our FREE energizing monthly newsletter (upper right corner of this page)
- My video introduction of the Golden Vessel Challenge
- Golden Vessel Challenge, part 1: It’s About Time!
- Golden Vessel Challenge, part 2: Who Is Running Your Ship?
- Golden Vessel Challenge, part 3: Financial Accountability
Step over to the Big Fish Nation facebook page to let us know how you’re doing with the Golden Vessel Challenge!