Mindfulness for Leaders and Their Teams
Companies like Apple, Google, and Procter and Gamble incorporate mindfulness practices in order to improve their work culture. Lorin and her team are working with leaders and their teams to create a culture that values mindfulness in the work place and improves the work culture.
What exactly is mindfulness? I have seen it described in 3 different ways:
- Mindfulness is letting go of taking things for granted.
- Mindfulness means to return to the present moment.
- Mindfulness is the self-regulation of attention with an attitude of curiosity, openness and acceptance.
So, why is mindfulness important in the work place? Mindfulness is important because it:
- Reduces stress and creates more peace within each person separately and together
- Reduces ruminative thinking which is so prevalent in our society
- Helps us understand, tolerate and deal with our own emotions in heather ways.
- Helps us better manage ourselves in a high conflict situation.
- Helps us grows in the area of emotional intelligence while at the same time improves communication in the workplace.
- Increases resilience
- Helps us to manage complex tasks.
- Reduces injuries
Lorin Beller starting leading stress management workshops all over New York State in the work place in the early 90’s via Larry Bjurstroms/New York States, Healthy State Program. Lorin has taken her model to a whole new 21st century platform and using the following tools that are all offered virtual and live with the team (no recordings!):
- Experiential and Group Sessions via phone with the leadership team, or sales team or whole company depending on the size (group size is limited for greatest impact)
- We use a variety of books as such as: Conscious Business: How to Build Value through Values by Fred Kofman.
- An Assessment to help each participant get personal and professional feedback about themselves (and each other) that can be used in all aspects of their lives.
- (optional) One-on-One coaching.
Our Goal with this program is to develop a more peaceful and enjoyable culture that values:
- A well working team
- Great communication
- Supportive co-workers
- Its members
- Personal and professional growth at all levels.
This program is excellent for:
- A company that has virtual teams that work remotely or
- A company that would like an affordable way to invest in all employees or
- A company that wants to bring in cutting edge thinking and tools into the work environment
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead