1. I love health and wellness… and it is time to bring that love back into focus.
- I have a master’s degree in Health Education, so you can imagine, I have been taking care of me pretty well the past 46 years!
- I love simple exercise like running or walking, but I have not been doing this the past 4 months.
- I fell in love with Pilates this past summer.
- I have been gluten free for 2+ years (along with my daughter – more on that another day).
- I enjoy meditating regularly, but have not been doing it.
- I love food, but I have not been eating enough the past few months.
- I love a good nights sleep, but I have not been sleeping well the past few months.
- I used to take Fridays off to run and meditate at the beach, but I have not been in a while.
2. I am in the midst of a major life transition (a divorce) with a gorgeous and brilliant 6 year old involved. I’m stressed. If my body could talk it would say: PLEASE… Be peace. Find Calm. Breathe. Trust. But I have not been listening well to my body the past few months.
Actually, for the past 4 months, I have not been taking as good care of myself in any area as well as I normally do. So, It is about TIME to dive in. It is time to give myself a Radical Self Care challenge. As I was designing this challenge the other day, I thought, “Wouldn’t it be so much more powerful (and enjoyable!) with a group of like-minded, amazing, bold, fun women?!!’
This is where you come in!
I am launching my first ever Radical Self Care Challenge — and I want you there with me!
I have a lot of work to do as I commit to “come back from” these tough few months, but I am committed to the best self care of my life! If you join this challenge, I will share with you what I am doing, what I am not doing, where I am succeeding, and where I am struggling and not keeping up with my goals.
You can count on radical honesty.
You can count on rigor.
You can count on your feet being held to the fire but with love!
You can count on cutting edge ideas for how to create your own designed radical self care plan that will change your life!
- I believe that self responsibility is a key value.
- I believe that our words matter… so if we say we will do something, we must do it.
- I believe that compassion is the only way, especially when we are not feeling it (this is always a challenge for me, but I try!).
- I believe our children need us to take GREAT care of ourselves for so many reasons!
- I believe that self care is about our WHOLE life, not just our weight or our diet.
- I believe that in America we spend too much money on ‘stuff’ — when life is really about love and relationships.
- I believe that we need to slow down (I know I do!) and smell the flowers, and notice the bugs on the walkway (my 6 year old daughter is great at this).
- I believe that there is always something new to learn.
- I believe that even in the mess, there is perfection.
- I believe that every person has potential.
- I believe that our health is our greatest asset.
- I believe that the way we take care of ourselves is 100% connected to our success.
- I believe that everything is energy and we have a responsibility every day to ‘raise energy up’ around us.
- I believe that it is important to trust.
- I believe that it is up to us to take care of ourselves – no one else can do it for us.
I believe with my Radical Self Care Challenge, there are no limits and — as Wayne Dyer says — if you can see it, you can achieve it. The sky is the limit! Let’s go!
See you at the starting line! Let’s make this challenge AMAZING together! Are you ready???