We have been talking this month about how to create a 30-hour work week, and I’m curious: how many of you really think it is possible to be successful AND have a 30-hr work week?
As you have been reading my blog posts, I wonder if you might be thinking “that sounds great… but impossible!” or “Just 30 hrs? I wish!!” or “with my current work, there is NO WAY I can only work 30 hrs!”
I want to tell you entrepreneurs again that YOU CAN DO THIS! The amazing talents you have that might make it difficult for you to keep a 30-hr work week are the same talents that also make it possible for you to be successful with just 30 hours of work each week:
- You are in charge of your own schedule.
- You can create a vision and make it a reality.
- You see a need and can figure out how to meet it.
- You are initiators, full of BOLD ACTIONS.
- You are aware of your energy flow and your strongest ways of working.
- You are creative.
Get the picture? 🙂
I believe we ALL have the skills needed to achieve GREAT success in a 30-hour work week, as long as we are willing to think differently about how we work and when we work.
“The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones.” — John Maynard Keynes
This week, I challenge us each to creatively apply our entrepreneurial strengths toward creating our 30-hr work weeks, starting with these 3 tips:
- Forget the 9-5 schedule: Work according to YOUR highest energy times and build your tasks and activities around them.
- Break the “going to the office every day” routine: A change can be as refreshing as a rest. Work from home, from a local cafe, at poolside, or wherever you can focus AND be inspired.
- Let your industry inform you: Take 1 hour per week for THOUGHT LEADERSHIP in your industry. See yourself as an expert in your industry, share your thought leader concepts (through blog posts, tweets, facebook postings, webinars, free 1-page downloads, etc), then look at the responsese to see what the industry needs from you. If you are doing things your industry DOES NOT NEED, consider eliminating those tasks/offerings!
What other ways can you apply your talents and skills to creating your 30-hr work week?
And… do you think a 30-hr work week is actually possible??? Share with us in a comment below or on our Facebook Fan Page!