Woke & Well Women: Aligning Mothers & Daughters to Change the World
This unique and powerful workshop is for Mothers of teenage daughters and those precious teens too! We don’t know of another program like it! We know that ‘woke and well’ women do change the world. And in 2019, how we stay ‘woke and well’ is unique. As mothers, we juggle so many things that staying grounded, mindful and well in mind, body and spirit often gets put on the back burner. When we figure out how to truly care for ourselves, our children will too. The goal of this workshop is to support Mothers to parent from our best selves. They will do what we do, not what we say. The intent of this workshop is to support you, as mothers of teens, to take good care of yourself in mind, body and spirit while maintaining a healthy relationship with your teenage daughter. In addition to self care, confidence comes from knowing ourselves well and embracing all of who we are. And as we as moms do this, our daughters will do the same. Give your daughters confidence by working on yours. No topic is off limits at Woke & Well Workshops! Come learn, nourish with a healthy lunch and expand your network of other like minded Mama’s who want to change the world starting in our own homes.
This Woke & Well workshop is co-lead by Brittney Ellers & Lorin Beller
Brittney Ellers is originally from Pasadena, CA, she graduated from the University of Washington in Seattle and received her BA in Communication and Dance. She completed her graduate studies at the University of St. Augustine in San Marcos, CA in 2016 to become a Doctor of Physical Therapy with a concentration in manual therapy. While in school, she became a certified yoga instructor through Yoga Six, and has been using yoga as a tool in her practice and continues to teach public classes. She has a special interest in women’s health as they cycle each month, how that can (and should) impact their work/home focus, exercise, and diet, which stemmed from her own journey of health. She is also passionate about helping women transform into mothers in the prenatal and postpartum period of their lives, and is certified in prenatal yoga and pelvic floor physical therapy. She continues to treat holistically in north county San Diego using a blend of manual work, yoga, and functional strength training. When not working, she loves spending time on her own yoga practice, getting outdoors and exploring everything this world has to offer.
Lorin Beller has been working as a Leadership Coach for women leaders for over 17 years with clients from coast to coast. She is a certified co-active coach via the Coaches Training Institute. In addition she is a certified Redirecting Children’s Behavior Leader via Suzie Walden. Lorin believes that leadership is important both at work and at home. Lorin has a masters degree in health education. Lorin taught stress management for years all over New York State for large teams. It is a thrill for Lorin to take all her greatest passions and support Moms of teens to create a peaceful and joy filled home. and support families to create a relationship that is respected and honored for a lifetime. Lorin is a single mom to an awesome 12 (almost 13!) year old and can often be seen out walking with her spunky little Tibetan Terrier.
This 4 hour workshop will support the Moms of these magical girls to:
- Design a Self Care plan for themselves, because a well cared for Mom creates a well cared for teen and home
- Find her calm place in the midst of the teenage drama
- Have a tool box filled with tools to Maintain their connection with their teem girls
- Empower and support your girls to stretch and grow and help them feel they have a solid home base as they stretch and grow their wings
- Leave with tools to create a home that builds confidence, peace and joy = a forever home base.
- Warning: This workshop will inspire change for both you and your teen!
This 4 hour workshop will support teen girls from the ages 12 – 16 to:
- Learn about their menstrual cycle and how it impacts their school/home life, nutrition, and sports/exercise so that it optimizes, not hinders, their world and goals
- Get in touch with their bodies, physical and emotional, through breathing and yoga technique
- Track their cycle, use their bodies’ feedback, and speak up for their needs
- Empower young women to embrace this time of growth and maturation in mind and body
While Brittney will be working with the teens, Lorin will be working with the Moms and we will come together throughout our time together. The 4 hours includes a healthy lunch!!
WHEN: Saturday 2/16/2019 @ 10:00 – 2:00
WHERE: Be+Well, Encinitas, CA (space is limited)
$199 for Mom and 1 teen daughter (until 2/11) then it will be $250
$100 for each additional teen daughter